The Blockchain Initiative at The University of Nicosia (UNIC) – a globally recognised leading University in digital currency and blockchain technologies – and The Centre for Research & Technology, Hellas (CERTH) – one of the leading research centres in Greece and listed among the TOP-20 E.U. institutions with the highest participation in competitive research grants – are co-organizing a two-day workshop for business oriented people or strategists, and software engineers that wish to expand their programming skills on blockchain technologies.
In more detail, this two-day workshop aims to equip participants with the knowledge to understand how blockchain technology can disrupt various business models and applications. In doing so, participants will be offered a foundational view of the technology, enhanced with advanced hand-on experience in order to demystify and communicate the opportunities or limitations offered by the technology to software developers that seek to expand their blockchain programming skills.
An overall objective of the workshop is to introduce participants to the specificities of the Ethereum Blockchain. The structure of the workshop invites participants from a dual audience as follows:
- Business oriented audiences who seek to know the workings and application fields of the blockchain technology (pre-sales engineers, business developers, account managers etc.)
- Software developers who are interested in a hands-on introduction to Ethereum blockchain, smart contracts and decentralised apps development using the Solidity programming language and the Truffle framework.
At the end of the workshop both groups will be familiar with how blockchain technologies came to be and their differences, what purpose they serve and the underlying enablers offered by the Ethereum framework in supporting various use cases and application scenarios. In addition to that, software developers will be educated in the working of setting up Ethereum networks both in terms of infrastructure requirements, tool sets that can be leveraged, as well as, through real-world case scenarios.
- The venue for all the talks and the instruction sessions will be facilities made available at The Cube Athens – Coworking Space
- Workshop classes will be held between 9:00-17:00 with lunch, and snacks and beverages provided during breaks.
- Class sizes are limited and practical sessions are taught in person to create an intimate learning environment.